Friday, 16 September 2011

Life As I Know It

It was a warm Saturday morning, unusually convicted yet so relaxed. The conviction of i didn't know what, and relaxed because on Friday I had given my very last exam. My plans, like any 16 year old, were to sleep till 12 in the afternoon, wake up, splurge into delicious "aalo-paranthas" made by my mother, watch TV, and then sleep again. Well, I guess, life like always had a greater plan. There were some offbeat chain of sounds that I tried not to pay attention to but somehow I couldn't. It sounded serious. So serious. I woke up from my oh-so-comfortable bed and with a mind half in dreams, and half in what I was to find out, marched my way up to the front door and on the road where I could see a multitude of uncles including my dad and my grandfather talking seriously. I turned to my left only to find that my neighbor aunt was crying a river, with a flock of white "saaree" clad ladies telling her "Ye to bhagwaan ki leela hai". I walked in and asked my mother what was up, and she told me that our neighbor Mrs.Khanna(nom de guerre) has died an untimely death. For a moment there I couldn't make a meaning out of that woebegone sentence, because it was JUST yesterday that she had given me a nice little lecture on how yoga is the best thing in the world and gym is a sham, and she looked absolutely fine, and more radiant than ever. I tried to act nonchalant but then can't lie to yourself, can you? I mean who would've thought this would happen. Surely not me. And they say humans are dexterous.

I think human is the most innocent, doesn't know what will happen next yet dreams about a new day, doesn't know if he'll be able to see the Sun the next morning but never fails to fantasize about tomorrow. Tomorrow. What is it? I'd say its just a day, I mean really, whats the fuss all about? But oh well! I have heard people say it never comes, a few say that it was just devised by a man who was too lazy to do anything today.
If i choose to think differently about tomorrow, I'd say its a day with a new sun, a new start and mainly the day that has made us what we are today.

It gives us the much needed, second chances, helps us forget the desolate things we do not want to remember. And most importantly, forces us to think. Think some more.
A few of you reading this might be thinking what in the world am I writing, but the truth is that I don't know, it might just naturally take its course. And maybe when tomorrow I'll read it, I'll love it. Oh wait a minute! That's another point right there! Tomorrow makes you fall in love.

Brusquely, what I really want to say is that life has so much to offer and everyday has the whole lot of it. Look forward to a new day, don't work up yourself too much, no one has ever figured it out anyway.



No comments:

Post a Comment